Sunday, January 21, 2018

2018 Calendars! April and May

 I really enjoy the Climbing Orchids stamp set!  No, I didn't think I would - but it has turned out to be a favorite.

I like the flowers stamped and cut in 3 parts and put together with dimensionals.  They look more like the real thing - and I think they don't look real anyway.  At first, I thought those flowers were fake! 

I am presenting a project at my friend Zandra's art studio Celebrat!ions Stud!o in March using this stamp set.  It's a framed piece.

Mom's a quilter, so when I saw this stamp set in the Holiday catalog, I knew I had to make something out of those quilt pieces!  We did this as a very specific paper piecing project.  I precut all the white backing pieces, and the black outlines.
We each worked on one quilt piece at a time. I die cut 2 sets of patterned paper, and worked in opposing areas. I took the outside pieces, and Mom glued the interior pieces.  Making 16 of these didn't actually take all that long - it was just some intense paper-piecing.

I then used crumb cake paper, silver glimmer sheets, and some twine to make the thread pieces. 


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.